Our Language Table series, Something to Talk About, offers a chance to meet other people for fun, informal activities and casual conversation. During Spring Quarter 2023, we'll be holding virtual sessions that anyone in the Northwestern community may join.
- Free and open to all members of the Northwestern community
- All events held online in Spring 2023. Register in advance to get a link to the session.
- Each event highlights a specific aspect of US English and/or American culture
- Ask questions, share experiences and opinions with peers and ELP staff
- A supportive environment for speakers at any level of English proficiency
Spring Quarter 2023 Something to Talk About Events
Our Spring Quarter Schedule is posted below.
Schedule of Language Table Events (Spring 2023)
|Event Date||Event Time||Event Title|
|Friday, April 7, 2023||12:00 - 1:00 PM CST (GMT -5)||Thanks, Cheers, & Ta!|
|Friday, April 14, 2023||12:00 - 1:00 PM CST (GMT -5)||Cooking Conversations – Diets & Nutrition|
|Friday, April 21, 2023||12:00 - 1:00 PM CST (GMT -5)||Language Focus – Qualifiers & Quantifiers|
|Friday, April 28, 2023||12:00 - 1:00 PM CST (GMT -5)||Movie Genres – Love 'Em, Hate 'Em|
|Friday, May 5, 2023||12:00 - 1:00 PM CST (GMT -5)||Language Tables – Year in Review|
Description of Upcoming Language Table Events (Spring 2023)
EVENT PICTURE AND DETAILS COMING SOON
Friday, April 7, 2023. 12:00-1:00 PM CST (GMT -5): Thanks, Cheers, & Ta!
Register here for this session. (Northwestern ZOOM required)
List of Past Language Table Events (Spring 2023)
Questions about Language Table? Contact ELP Assistant Director, Brian Hampson, (email@example.com) for more information.
Click here to be taken to the main registration and eligibility page.