Advising and Office Hours
As an international student or scholar, you may have questions about TGS’s English Proficiency Requirement, testing, community English language resources, or long-term professional development as a non-native speaker living and working in a North American academic setting.
Advising Sessions: We are happy to meet individually with Northwestern students and scholars to discuss our programs and services, as well as professional development opportunities and resources for developing your English language communication skills. Please contact our Assistant Director Brian Hampson at email@example.com or call us at (847)-467-6053 for information on advising sessions with our faculty and staff.
Office Hours are held weekly for students and scholars of Northwestern University year-round. Students who are already enrolled in Linguistics 482 Individual Instruction may attend office hours if they would like extra help, or make up a missed weekly session. Those not already enrolled in Linguistics 482 may use office hours as a way to get occasional individualized support without a regular appointment.
Fall Quarter 2023 Office Hours Policies and Procedures
- Mode of instruction: All office hours for Fall Quarter 2023 will be offered remotely (online), starting the week of September 25, 2023.
- Reservations: To reserve an office hour, you must sign up online in advance using Microsoft Bookings. The reservation page is available here. Please send an email to Brian Hampson, Assistant Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any trouble making a reservation.
- Number of sessions: During fall quarter, the total number of available office hour sessions is 5 (five).
- Priority access: Students who are enrolled in LING 482 Individual Instruction may be given priority access to register for office hours via the online reservation system.
- Students per session: Office hours are reservable by one person per office hour session.
Fall Quarter 2023 Office Hours Schedule
- Dr. Tamra Wysocki-Niimi: Mondays 12:00 - 12:40 PM
- Mark Temenak, MS, MA, CCC-SLP: Tuesdays 2:55 - 3:35 PM, Thursdays 10:45 - 11:25 AM
- Autumn Bryant, MS, MA, CCC-SLP: Wednesdays 2:00 - 2:40 PM, 2:45 - 3:25 PM
- Dr. Dorina Strori: Fridays 10:45 - 11:25 AM