Advising and Office Hours
As an international student or scholar, you may have questions about TGS’s English Proficiency Requirement, testing, community English language resources, or long-term professional development as a non-native speaker living and working in a North American academic setting.
Advising Sessions: We are happy to meet individually with Northwestern students and scholars to discuss our programs and services, as well as professional development opportunities and resources for developing your English language communication skills. Please contact our Program Coordinator Brian Hampson at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (847)-467-6053 for information on advising sessions with our faculty and staff.
Office Hours are held weekly for students and scholars of Northwestern University year-round. Students who are already enrolled in Linguistics 482 Individual Instruction may attend office hours if they would like extra help, or make up a missed weekly session. Those not already enrolled in Linguistics 482 may use office hours as a way to get occasional individualized support without a regular appointment.
Fall Quarter 2020 Office Hours Policies and Procedures
- Mode of instruction: All office hours for Fall Quarter 2020 will be offered remotely (online), starting the week of September 21 and continuing through December 1.
- Reservations: To reserve an office hour, you must sign up online in advance. The reservation system is available at https://elp-northwestern.youcanbook.me. To access the system, you'll need a password. Please send an email to Brian Hampson, Program Coordinator, at email@example.com so that he can verify your academic status and send you the password.
- Number of sessions: Northwestern students and scholars are eligible to attend a maximum of five (5) office hour sessions per quarter.
- Priority access: Students who are enrolled in LING 482 Individual Instruction may be given priority access to register for office hours via the online reservation system.
- Students per session: some office hours are reservable by up to two people per office hour session. If you sign up for one of these sessions, you will share the session with another person. If you are the only person to sign up for that slot, it will become an individual session. If two people do sign up for the same session, the instructor will work with both clients to get the most benefit out of the session for each person.
Fall Quarter 2020 Office Hours Schedule
- Our schedule will be posted each week in the https://elp-northwestern.youcanbook.me system. Check there to see the most up-to-date information.
- Times offered may change week to week in Fall Quarter 2020.
- If all slots are currently booked, check back later to see if any times have opened up due to cancellations.