Advising and Office Hours
As an international student or scholar, you may have questions about TGS’s English Proficiency Requirement, testing, community English language resources, or long-term professional development as a non-native speaker living and working in a North American academic setting.
Advising Sessions: We are happy to meet individually with Northwestern students and scholars to discuss our programs and services, as well as professional development opportunities and resources for developing your English language communication skills. Please contact our Program Coordinator Brian Hampson at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (847)-467-6053 for information on advising sessions with our faculty and staff.
Office Hours are held weekly for students and scholars of Northwestern University in the fall, winter, spring, and usually summer quarters. Students who are already enrolled in Linguistics 482 Individual Instruction may attend Office Hours if they would like extra help, or make up a missed weekly session. Those not already enrolled in Linguistics 482 may use the Office Hours as a way to get occasional individualized support without a regular appointment.
Spring Quarter 2020 Office Hours
- All Office Hours for Spring Quarter 2020 will be offered remotely (online), starting the week of April 6 and continuing through May 29.
- For Spring Quarter 2020, six reservable office hour times are available per week. To reserve these office hours, you must sign up online in advance. The reservation system is available at https://elp-northwestern.youcanbook.me. To access the system, you'll need a password. Please send an email to Brian Hampson, Program Coordinator, at email@example.com so that he can verify your academic status and send you the password.
- Please note - During Spring Quarter 2020, Autumn Bryant's tutoring office hours are reservable by up to two people per office hour session. If you sign up for this session, you may be sharing the session with another person. Or, if you are the only person to sign up for that slot, it will be an individual session. If two people do sign up for the same session, Autumn will work with both clients to get the most benefit out of the session for each person.
Policy Updates to ELP Office Hours (effective Spring Quarter 2020)
- Northwestern students and scholars are eligible to attend a maximum of five office hour sessions per quarter.
- Students who are enrolled in LING 482 Individual Instruction may be given priority access to register for ELP Office Hours via the online reservation system.
Spring Quarter 2020 Office Hours Schedule
- Jaime Benheim: Tuesdays, 9:00-9:40 AM (offered remotely)
- Wes Orth: Tuesdays, 4:00-4:40 PM (offered remotely)
- Autumn D. Bryant, MS, MA, CCC-SLP: Wednesdays, 10:00-10:40 AM; 10:45-11:25 AM (offered remotely)
- Jennifer Alexander, PhD: Wednesdays, 11:45 AM - 12:25 PM (offered remotely)
- Ethan Myers: Thursdays, 12:15-12:55 PM (offered remotely)