English Development through Guided Exploration
Develop your conversation skills while exploring the Chicago and Evanston area.
The English Development through Guided Exploration (EDGE) program is designed to provide international graduate students with an opportunity to practice their English conversation skills with international and American peers. Students in this program participate in small-group outings led by fellow students (Graduate Leaders) during fall quarter. Outings emphasize conversation practice while exploring American culture and the surrounding Evanston/Chicago community. Students can choose the outings that fit best with their interests and schedule.
This dynamic program includes opportunities for students to:
- Develop their skills in conversational English
- Explore the Evanston/Chicago area in a supportive peer group
- Learn about American culture
- Meet and network with other students
- Discuss graduate student life in the US and at Northwestern with experienced peers
Registration for EDGE (Fall Quarter 2019) will be open to members of the The Graduate School cohort* until Wednesday, September 25, 2019 at 12:00 PM. Click here to register.
* The Graduate School cohort consists of PhD, MFA, TGS Masters students, and Postdoctoral Fellows.
Questions about EDGE? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.